Tuesday 18 June 2013

On self image


So. My friend, who is a girl, said that one of the lowest ways that some girls used to fish for compliments is to self-criticise. I think she is being extremely nice in describing this because this is something that I would've classified as a manifestation of insecurity and self-absorbed behaviour. We have all experienced girls like this at some point in our lives. Some are chronic offenders, others are just desperate for attention, the ones with genuine mental problems (that remain undiagnosed) - let's not go there.

For as long as I can remember, I was fat, I was chubby, everyone told me so. I tried to lose weight, and subsequently resigned to the fact that I am one of those people (if they ever admit to it) who are perpetually on a diet. Now, I think I look fine, thankyouverymuch. I like the way I look. I quite like my jaw line too, now that I am looking at it in the above picture. And that is all that matter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment